Monday, December 8, 2008

An odoriferous day, to quote my guidebook

an actual Parisian sewer tunnel
Megan did not like the smell...

First off, YAY for the last week of classes! To celebrate, Megan and I did something we have been joking around about doing since we got here. We went to the Musee des Egouts de Paris...aka, the sewer museum. Yes, Paris is the only European city that offers a guided tour of its sewers. It was the most amusing 3 euros/20 minutes I have spent in awhile. The first thing we noticed was the guidebook telling you not to eat in the museum and to wash your hands after finishing your tour. Joy...then the smell hit us. Definitely smelled like a sewer. Other than that, it was pretty interesting and amusing. They had a small exhibit about Les Mis, which was cool. Other than that we were educated about the water cycle and the way water is cleaned, and got to see actual water going through the actual sewer, because yup, that's where we were. Definitely an interesting experience.
Then we made possibly our 4th or 5th trip to the Longchamp boutique before going grocery shopping. We made delicious pasta all'arrabiata! It was almost as amazing as it was in Rome. Love arrabiata sauce.
Anyway, now I'm listening to Christmas music, secure in the ideas that I do not have to go purse shopping for another ten years because now I have two Longchamp bags in different sizes (haha), that my boyfriend can definitely come to Ring Dance, and that I only have to write 3 3/4 more single-spaced pages for my history paper in the next 6 days. Not bad, right?
3 3/4 pages, 5 exams, and 10 days between me and the USA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your boyfriend can "definately" come to ring dance, since I ALREADY paid for his ticket!! lol