Tuesday, December 16, 2008

back to Richmond?

Today Megan and I got our housing assignment! We are going to be roommates in Richmond in a suite in the Freeman dorm! It seems a lot more real that we're leaving and going back to Richmond now that I know exactly where we'll be living. The study abroad office also sent us an email with re-entry materials, including the date and time for a pizza party, haha.
But it still does not seem quite real that this entire experience is wrapping up. 4 finals down, one more tomorrow morning, then a farewell luncheon. We had our last dinner with our host family in the house tonight. Tomorrow night they are taking us out to dinner, and then Thursday morning we are up at 8 and leaving for the airport by 10. It's really, really strange, to say the least. Our host dad asked us if we'd had a good experience at dinner and when we said yes, he said that it was good, because we did something courageous and we were rewarded.
Paris has just become so normal that I can't believe we're leaving. I know the city better than I know New York...I've memorized the metro map, pretty much, haha.
I am looking forward to getting home but not to a flight that appears to be 8 hrs and 55 minutes long!! boooo. Hopefully the TVs will work.

No comments: