Friday, August 5, 2011

Idioms :-)

inside the Swiss chocolatier in town: it says "For some flowers speak the language of love; for others, chocolate feeds the flames!"
a better picture of the Rathaus-gorgeous building!


So before I leave for my Bavarian adventure on Monday, here's some pictures and idioms! My trip will be three days long: Day 1 in the city of Munich, Day 2 at Neuschwanstein Castle, and Day 3 at Dachau concentration camp in the morning and then more of the city in the evening. Thursday I'll be back to Konstanz for my last week and a half here! Next weekend is the Seenachstfest, the Konstanz summer festival, which should be fun. I can't believe it's almost time to come home!

more idioms I've recently learned from Harry Potter (I'm on page 210 and going strong!):

mit ihr wohl nicht gut Kirschen essen--with her you cannot eat good cherries (English equivalent: don't get on her bad side)

einen Blauen Brief--a blue letter (English equivalent: a pink slip)

aus dem Häuschen sein--to be over the little house (English equivalent: to be over the moon)

No comments: